Start a sentence with “It's none of my business but…” and watch people get pale.
- The top-10 worst conversational openers all have something in common.
- Narcissists are experts are sabotaging their conversational partners by seeming to ask questions that are actually attacks.
- Asking "Do you remember what you said to me a long time ago that still genuinely hurts my feelings?" will probably not end in a hug and kiss.
- You can stop these conversational sabotages before they explode into actual bad emotional eruptions. Learn to take back control of the dialogue.
1. “We should talk. For real."
2. "Are you sitting down?"
3. "In my humble opinion."
4. "No offense or anything."
5. "Look, there’s something you should know."