8. Be OK with stumbling from time to time.
The fear of failure can hold you back in a state of doing easier things and in what you may see as being lazy.
But everyone that go for what they truly want and outside of their comfort zone stumbles and fails from time to time. That’s just a part of a life well lived (even if we don’t hear about people’s setbacks as often as their successes).
See a setback as a learning experience and as a way to be more constructive and kinder to yourself.
You can do that by asking yourself these two questions after you’ve stumbled:
- What is 1 thing I can learn from this situation?
- How would my best friend/parent support me and help me in this situation? (Then talk to yourself and do things like she or he would).
Whatever you let into your mind and life will influence you.
If the people you hang out the most with are generally a bit lazy about work or school then it’s easy to just adapt to that mood and way of thinking and go with it.
But if you spend more time with motivated people in real life and via books, the internet, podcasts and audio books then that will start to influence your thinking and mood too.
So think about what you let into your mind on a daily and weekly basis and if you want make a few changes to that.
10. Truly appreciate and enjoy your lazy time.Time spent on just lazying around helps me to relax and recharge and it makes me happy.
But if I do it too much then it does become less healthy for me. It:
- Starts to frustrate me because I’m not moving forward towards what I want.
- Creates stress instead of relaxing me because I’m not getting what’s important done and that could have negative consequences quite soon.
And I've found that when you think a little about how you want to spend your lazy time – no matter if it’s a 10 minute break or a lazy Sunday – and use that time on something you really enjoy like reading a book you love rather than aimlessly watching TV-shows you’re just OK with then that time does not only brings more happiness and fulfillment.
I’ve also learned that when I spend my lazy time in this more conscious way I’m more motivated and energized to go back to work again later on.
So I make sure to appreciate and fully enjoy the lazy time I have and create for myself because I know that it will benefit me in several important ways.