Working in the Kitchen
- Follow good personal hygiene habits and wash hands often. You don't want anyone to get sick.
- Keep your work area clean. Staying organized and prepared in the kitchen will reduce the chance that you will hurt yourself or others in the kitchen.
- Wear closed-toe shoes. If something like a heavy pot or a knife falls, you will want your piggies to be protected.
- Learn how to use knives and tools properly. Kitchen tools are not toys.
- Use the proper tool for the job. Do not use a hatchet to cut lemons!
- Clean spills right away so no one slips.
- Keep your cleaning chemicals in a safe place away from your food, pets and young kids.