- You can choose the adoptive family and control many details affecting the future of your child.
- You can determine the nature of your relationship with your child and the adoptive family.
- Adoptive parents are in a position to explain details of the adoption to the child at each stage of his/her development to help the child become a well-adjusted, successful person.
- At any point in the adoption process you can decide to keep the child.
- Counseling, support groups and other services enable affected individuals to work through the grieving process, sense of loss and other challenges that may develop.
- Ask yourself the following questions:
- What would be an ideal home for my child?
- What do I want to provide for my child?
- Is there anyone who has placed for adoption that I can contact?
- Have I called a pregnancy specialist by calling 251-929-9640 to learn about adoption and counseling services in my area?
KEEP UPDATED - READ WOMEN'S HEALTH CENTER NEWS PAGE
Adoption offers the following benefits:
Women's Health Center provides abortion alternatives. We do not offer or refer abortions.