- Your partner’s wishes, thoughts, and feelings have value. Communicate to your partner that you consider the way they feel. Mutual respect is an important part of making a healthy relationship work.
- Talk to your partner about creating respect in your relationship. Decide “do’s” and “don’ts,” such as name calling or sexual touch.
- You may wish to implement "fair fighting" rules. They are as follows:
- No degrading language
- No blaming
- No yelling
- No use of force
- No talk of divorce/breaking up
- Don't try to tell your partner what they are thinking/experiencing/feeling
- Stay in the present
- Take turns speaking
- Use time outs with necessary
KEEP UPDATED - READ WOMEN'S HEALTH CENTER NEWS PAGE
Create a foundation of respect. Relationships can be fun and exciting early on, yet it important to make sure that you and your partner are rooted in respect. Act in ways that demand respect from your partner. Strive to treat each other with respect at all times, even when you are mad at each other.
Women's Health Center provides abortion alternatives. We do not offer or refer abortions.